Background Image for Header:
Medical Plan Information
- WVURC offers two insurance plans provided through Highmark WV Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Option 2B plan has a $250 individual deductible and a $500 family deductible.
- Qualified High Deductible Plan (QHDP) has a $2,500 individual deductible and a $5,000 family deductible. All QHDP participants are eligible to enroll into a Health Savings Plan (HSA).
- Both plans have an 80/20 coinsurance after the deductible has been met.
- Both plans include preventative and physician services, in-and-outpatient facility services, behavioral health services, telemedicine, prescription drugs, and much more.
- The benefit period for the Option 2B plan year runs on the calendar year (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31) while the QHDP benefit period runs on the contract year (Dec. 1 - Nov. 30). The benefit period is used for deductible and coinsurances limits.
Qualifying Life Event changes are required to be submitted within 30 days and must have documentation.
If the changes are not submitted within that time frame, the employee must wait
until open enrollment to make changes.
- Open enrollment occurs during October for an effective date of December 1st.
|Medical Premium/RX||Option 2B 80/20||Qualified High Deductible Plan|
|Employee Only Monthly Premium||
|Employee + One Monthly Premium||
|Family Monthly Premium||
Highmark WV Resources
- Highmark Employee Educational Packet
- How to Register On Your Member Website
- Care Cost Estimator
- My Care Navigator
- Diabetes Prevention