Background Image for Header:
Open Enrollment - Plan Year 2022
Oct. 12 - 26, 2021
The annual open enrollment period for Plan Year 2022 begins Oct. 12 and ends Oct. 26. Open enrollment is the only time of the year to add, drop or make changes to your West Virginia University Research Corporation (WVURC) employee benefits without a qualifying life event. Any changes made during this time will be effective on Dec. 1. All new premium deductions will be reflected on your Dec. 3 paycheck.
Prior to the new plan year deductions beginning on Dec. 3, you will notice health insurance premium holidays for the month of November. You will not see any deductions for health insurance (if applicable) on your Nov. 5 and 19 pays.
This year, open enrollment is for changes only. All employees who wish to make changes to their coverages, must do so during open enrollment. If you are not making any changes, your current elections will carry over into the new plan year that begins Dec. 1.
We will continue to use EASE again this year to ensure a streamlined, fully electronic experience. You must login to EASE make changes to your elections. Your username (employee email address) and password from last year will continue to work. If you need to reset your password, please email RCbenefits@mail.wvu.edu.
Summary of Employee Benefit Changes
- Premium increase of 11.04%
2.Qualified High Deductible Health Plan (QHDHP)
- Premium decrease from an initial 11.04% proposed increase, based on a plan design change as follows:
- Plan design change requires that deductible be met, then the plan pays 80% with 20% co-insurance with a maximum out-of-pocket amount (deductible is included in the maximum out-of-pocket)
Other Voluntary Benefits:
1. Principal (Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability)
- No changes
2.Guardian (Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness)
- No changes
If you are making changes, you must login to EASE and complete the open enrollment process from start to finish on or before Oct. 26.
- Review and update, if necessary, all personal information, address, beneficiaries and dependents. All dependents must have their birthdate and social security numbers included.
- You are encouraged to carefully review the enrollment options to ensure your health insurance meets your needs. Once open enrollment has completed, you will not be able to make changes to your coverage during the plan year 2022 unless you experience a qualifying life event.
- If you enroll in any other benefits, new insurance cards will be sent to the address listed in EASE.
Email RCBenefits@mail.wvu.edu or call 304-293-4616.