Background Image for Header:
Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
Short- and long-term disability, basic life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance is provided by WVURC through Principal at no cost to eligible employees.
- Short- and long-term disability (STD & LTD) benefits protect you from total loss of income in the event that you are unable to work due to illness, pregnancy/childbirth, or a non-work related injury.
- STD benefit amount is 66.666% or your pre-disability weekly earnings capped at a maximum of $1,000 per week. You must use 5 days of paid time off (PTO) before your STD benefit begins, and the benefits can continue up to 12 weeks (determined on a case-by-case basis)
- LTD is available after STD ends. The LTD benefit amount is 66.666% of your monthly earnings up to $8,000 per month for employees with an annual salary of $80k or less, and $10,000 per month for employees with an annual salary greater than $80k
- The basic life insurance amount is equivalent to one year annual salary, up to $165,000
- Additional voluntary life may be purchased for the employee, spouse, and child.
- During Open Enrollment:
- Current enrolled employees may increase coverage by two benefit levels on a guaranteed acceptance basis, provided you have not been previously declined, withdrawn, or pending for coverage.
- New enrollees can enroll at $20,000 guaranteed issue, additional amounts will require evidence of insurability.