Background Image for Header:
WVURC Talent & Culture strives to provide support to supervisors through the employment experience. While there are many detailed situations that could be addressed, a short list has been compiled of some common supervisory situations (listed below), specific to WVURC employees.
Supervisors should use this in preparation for hiring a WVURC employee(s) and to manage and develop their performance. Additionally, supervisors can use the contact list below to receive additional and/or more detailed insturction for what you can expect with each situation you may encounter with your employee(s).
- Hiring Resources
- Information about hiring a can be found on here. Click on "Creating a Staff Requisition" and follow the instruction.
- ID cards/parking passes
- The appropriate ID/parking information is provided by us when the employee is initially processed.
- Supervision of work schedule and documentation
- Supervisors are expected to monitor employee's time worked, absences and the paperwork necessary to support this
- Medical Leave should be directed to Medical Management
- Performance appraisals & merit adjustments
- At the end of each fiscal year WVURC employees and supervisors will be notified to begin the performance appraisal process, more details about this process will be sent towards the end of each fiscal year
- Position continuation confirmation
- Confirmation of available funding and need by you is initiated by your EBO and copies need to be sent to WVURCTalentandCulture@mail.wvu.edu.
- Employee relations, discipline, and termination
- Please contact your WVURC HR partner at the onset of any employee relations issues or termination.
- Supervisor On-boarding Information
We welcome questions you may have about any of the above topics or other topics at any time. Please feel free to contact us when you have the need.