Background Image for Header:
Position Review Process
Information for the Supervisor
- Supervisor completes a revised job description, noting all significant changes in duties and responsibilities.
- Supervisor then completes a job description template, indicating the corresponding reason for review (e.g., salary change, ORG change, interim upgrade, conversion, etc.).
- The supervisor then obtains necessary departmental signatory approvals for the cover sheet.
- The supervisor then routes the
signed cover sheet and job description to their respective HR Partner
and/or Finance Strategic Business Advisor for budgetary/funding approval.
Note: All positions submitted for classification and salary review must have budgetary approval prior to receipt by Compensation.
- The respective HR Partner and/or Finance Strategic Business Advisor then submits (per your college’s/ department’s processes and protocols) the updated job description, completed (signed) cover sheet and any additional information you wish to accompany your request electronically to RCClassandComp@mail.wvu.edu.
- Upon receipt of the updated job description and signed cover sheet, the Compensation analyst will conduct a review of the job description and supporting documents and develop a recommendation for job title and salary range.
- Compensation will work with supervisors to ensure operational objectives are met.
To submit a change in Supervisor, provide the following information for each assignment requiring a change in supervisor to SSC-TimeCollection@mail.wvu.edu.
This is for a supervisor change only and not in the event of an organization change or assignment change for the employee.
1. Employee Name (Last, First, Middle)
2. Assignment Number
3. Effective Date (date must be current system date or a future date - unable to backdate in the system)
4. Current Supervisor Name
5. New Supervisor Name