Position Creation Request (PCR) Overview
- Complete the online PCR form.
- The hiring supervisor works with Classification & Compensation (C&C) to draft an accurate position description (PD), which includes the current wage range for the position.
- Once the final drafts have been approved by the hiring supervisor, and the position is ready to be posted, C&C will send an email to the hiring supervisor, his or her departmental/college hierarchy, and EBO with the final draft of the position attached for their reference. No action is required on their part; it’s sent for informational purposes. (This step is in lieu of their signatures on the previous form).
- The position will be posted; and, before an offer is made to the preferred candidate, the EBO must approve the final salary and start date.
Classification & Compensation Request (CCR) Overview
- Complete the online CCR form.
- The hiring supervisor works with C&C to draft an accurate updated PD with corresponding wage adjustment, if applicable.
- After approved by both the hiring supervisor and C&C, the final draft of the PD will be sent to the supervisor’s departmental/college hierarchy and EBO.
- The EBO must reply to the email with a confirmation that the updated wages and effective date are approved before the request is processed through our payroll. (This step is in lieu of a signature on the previous form).